Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 3

As is often the case with me, when I am reading a book I find great inspiration in the words written. At the moment I am currently enjoying Empress by Karen Miller which tells the story of Hekat, a girl sold to slavery who has more to give in her life than that of a slave. This poem is written in regards to her first feat of might in the light of her god.

Godchosen

"Who are you? What are you?" you ask with fear in your eyes,
As you kneel before her, your she-brat demise,
A killer of chicken, a slayer of sheep,
Who would have thought that she could not be so weak.

Godspeaker, Godchosen, knife-dancer with snake-blade,
Warrior, Warlord breeder, watch as legends are made,
She dances with skill, with precision, with grace,
Her dances are beautiful despite the scars upon her face.

She dances the field, through life, with skill,
Blood-rage upon her, the god will have his fill,
Each slash she deals, each piercing stab,
A tribute to the god for his will to grab.

So watch as she dances the field and with scorpion's strike,
Steals your godspark, your essence, your life,
Before her Warlord kneeling below,
She shows him the future, one you'll never know.

1 comment:

  1. Its very interesting.
    I really like the pace of it when I read it in my head. A quick kind of poem that keeps you reading that holds your attention.

    ReplyDelete